Thursday 22 January 2015

Andy Isherwood's Under Armour Duty Pant's Review

Under Armour Duty Pants review by Andy Isherwood

For this review I wanted to make sure I really put this product through its paces, so after around 6 months of solid use I'm ready to share it with you.

The Under Armour Tactical Duty Pant from Top of the Range.

These trousers are made from an ultra durable rip-stop fabric which features Under Armour’s UA Storm Technology.

They have a great pocket arrangement, from dual cargo pockets to a dedicated knife/torch pocket, and they also have some fantastic hidden document pockets.
The reinforced knees and crotch make these trousers super durable, as well as them being a loose fit for a great range of movement.

Now originally I was not a big fan of Under Armour products, mainly because I had not used them before and thought of them as mainly a sporting brand. I can safely say that view is long since gone and I am more than impressed.
These trousers have seen a lot of use and are equally suited to everyday use as they are to being out on the hills.  I have used these on countless nights with Search and Rescue, as well as many days up in the hills.

The UA Storm Technology has been the best DWR finish I have seen on a product. The loose fit not only allows a great range of movement but means they are very comfy.

The dual cargo pockets are a good size allowing easy carriage of maps and trauma kits, whilst the hidden pockets allow safe carriage of more sensitive items.

Truth be told, these trousers have had more heavy use than any of my others that I regularly wear.
They have washed great and have no colour fade and all the stitching is still in good condition.

All in all, this is a great product that comes in at a good price, making them affordable for almost everyone.

I can most certainly recommend this product to anyone who wants a good outdoor trouser or for more tactical use. These have proven very popular with the Search & Rescue team and anything that gets their vote is worth its’ weight in gold.

I would like to thank those at Top of the Range for not only being patient with this review but also providing me with a fantastic product.

No comments:

Post a Comment